2023-2024 School Year
2024-2025 School Year
Working at Citizens
Finding a school environment that aligns with your vision of education is important. At Citizens of the World, our mission is to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and demonstrating understanding while building connections within a diverse community. Below you can discover more about what makes us unique and the characteristics of those who thrive here.
Who we are…
Who you are…
We are an intentionally diverse and welcoming community.
CWC Kansas City was founded on a belief that we live in a richly diverse world and that diversity makes our experience better.
- You value diversity in all its dimensions and are excited to be part of a school community where that diversity is authentically encouraged and celebrated.
- You understand that identity is an important part of who we are – for both adults and students.
We believe education is about more than test scores.
Student learning matters and goes beyond just academics. Our teachers focus on the whole child by building our students’ social-emotional skills and helping them develop a deeper understanding of themselves.
- You know that academic learning is important and have experience helping students develop their social-emotional skills.
- You understand how to balance academic rigor with the development of the whole child.
Our teaching approach centers students’ interests and needs within projects and real-world experiences.
We strive to provide learning experiences that are meaningful and make a difference in our school and community. Our teachers engage students in projects based on their interests and individual learning needs.
- You are excited about designing project-based learning experiences for students grounded in their interests, experiences, and identity.
- You value students constructing their own learning to develop a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- You embrace creativity and risk-taking in lesson planning.
Compensation and Benefits
We value our team, and one way that we show that is through compensation and benefits. For teachers, we offer competitive compensation with a starting salary of $45,500-$65,000+, based on education and experience (For non-teaching positions, please reference the specific salary scale associated with the role.) Our 2023-2024 salary schedule is linked here for teachers, instructional/building support, and building leadership.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance (Citizens covers almost all of an employee’s premium on either plan)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Participation in KCPS’ retirement pension plan
- Supplemental, optional Aflac insurance
- Supplemental, optional 403(b) retirement plan
- Full-time 10-month employees receive 4 holidays off, 4 weeks of calendared breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter Break x2, Spring Break), and 9 paid PTO days.
- Full-time 12-month employees receive 1 additional holiday and 10 additional PTO/vacation days.
View a full overview of our current 2023-2024 benefit package.