SUMMER SCHOOL 2020
Enroll today by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-550-5276
- Summer school at CWC is designed to help your students maintain necessary academic skills while experiencing enriching academic exploration. We've designed this year to be more flexible than other years and to include more enrichment opportunities for students.
- Due to the ongoing need for social distancing, summer school will be remote learning at home and will focus on weekly project-based learning through theme-based exploration and inquiry
- Projects will focus on social studies and science concepts, accompanied by skill mastery and expansion in reading and math.
- Learning activities will put an emphasis on ‘off computer’ time partnered with Zoom meetings, research, exploration, and experiments. Our remote learning activities will utilize the internet and will require access to and engagement in Google Classroom.
- Everyone engaged in summer school will also receive a Summer School Care Package of hands-on supplies for the projects.
- Weekly attendance will require a ‘check in’ activity each Monday, a ‘check out’ activity to be completed prior to the next Monday, and participation in the weekly project..In terms of time commitment, we anticipate summer school expectations to be less intensive than the assignments given in the normal school year. However, we are designing the enrichment exercises as projects families can do together, so there will be a need for parental assistance.
- There is not a cap on the number of students we can enroll summer school this year and there is not a penalty if your child needs to be absent for a week or two. The school is reimbursed based on your child's engagement on a weekly basis.
- Registration must be complete before the summer school session begins.